Lesser Deity Worship
Amongst the many verdant forests of Hyrule, one is bound to run into a Deku Scrub. These creatures are many and their appearance as varied as their habitats. All Deku Scrubs have several things in common though. They are very small, roughly one to two feet in height, they all have some form of flower or flora on their heads, and they are all capable of storing seeds and nuts and firing them out of their iconic snouts as projectiles. Because of their small size and the universal notion that they are pests, Deku Scrubs are looked down upon and, over time, have become a largely aggressive and angry people. Even amongst themselves they often fight, and as a unified empire, they are only held together loosely by a supreme king. Each Deku Tribe usually contributes different things to an overall army should war come to their people. Because of their loosely aligned nature and wide variety of cultures, a Deku army is usually composed of many different types of Scrubs. Virtually all Deku units are ranged to a degree, and because of their small size and affinity for the land, they usually have tremendous bonuses when fighting amongst flora. Despite their variety and skill fighting in different landscapes, the small size and selfish nature of each Deku makes them a very weak combatant individually that's more likely to flee than stand and fight. A Deku army must usually keep their distance when fighting, as very few Deku Scrubs are willing to charge into an enemy force head on. Even though the Deku are fearful creatures, a properly maintained army of their kind can wear down even the toughest of armies from a distance.
The Deku Tribes speak Deku like most other Forest races, as well as their own Scrub Royal Dialect, which is often considered incomprehensible by other species.
Strengths, Weaknesses and AbilitiesEdit
- Varied Species: The Deku Scrubs are composed of creatures from all manner of environments, as such they usually have terrain advantages in most situations.
- Seed Eaters: All Deku Scrubs are able to eject seeds from a distance, effectively making every Deku unit a ranged attacker in addition to their fighting discipline.
- Eager Fighters: Deku Scrubs are naturally angry and eager for battle. They usually excel at surprise attacks and temporarily scaring an enemy until they realize who their attackers are.
- Cowards: Deku Scrubs are just as eager to run like pathetic cowards from as fight as they are to charge into a fight head on.
- Faction Leader: Deku King
- Settlements: 2
The Deku Tribe Techtree is largely based on population size. The bigger and better your settlements are, the more you will be able to do with them. Their techtree also introduces the idea of buildings that disable other buildings, identified by being inside a shared yellow border.
- Vineyard: Rows of fences housing fruit bearing vines from which the Scrubs feed. Provides enough food to support a small Hamlet of Deku Scrubs.
- Poor Class District: Little more than fields of mud, the Poor Class District houses the lowest members of Deku society can deploy them for battle if need be.
- Bar: Often the center of entertainment and social gatherings in small Deku towns, a bar helps improve the happiness of all the workers who toil day in and out.
- Bazaar: A basic shop that can be set up early on, the Bazaar sells any extra supplies or items produced by its host settlement.
- Gardens: A simple plot of land devoted to flora, Gardens increase the health of their host settlement as well as the happiness of those that live there.
- Wild Vine Gardens: Plot of land set aside for growing wild and unkempt vines, the perfect home for Pikits.
- Wider Vineyards: By devoting more space for Vineyards the Deku Scrubs are able to grow a larger batch of food.
- Bigger Poor Class District: Designating more land for the poor to live on greatly increases their population and deployment rate.
- Lower Class District: Basic housing set up for the Lower Class members of Deku society, such as Battle Scrubs and Bombardiers.
- Championship Arena: Rigged and set up fights between warrior Scrubs play out in this arena for the masses to cheer on
- Market Plaza: A series of shops that sell various goods and services within its host settlement, increasing both its economy and the happiness of people within.
- Overgrown Meadow: An empty field with hills allowed to become unkempt and overgrown with festering weeds. Serves as the perfect home for Manhandalites.
- Taller Vineyards: Being brave and making taller fences allow the Deku Scrubs to grow and harvest more food for their people.
- Creature Battle Arena: Large arena dedicated to epic battle between various wild creatures. Increases the happiness of any Deku settlement as well as the rank of all animal units trained there.
- Bigger Lower Class District: Designating more land for the Lower Class to live on greatly increases their population and deployment rate.
- Middle Class District: Decent housing set up for the Middle Class members of Deku society, such as Plowers and Camo Scrubs.
- Large Gardens: By expanding the Gardens of a settlement both its health and the happiness of its people increase.
- Sunlit Meadow: Large empty field kept trimmed and exposed to sunlight. Serves as the perfect habitat for families of Peahats.
- Whereever Vineyards: By growing vines all over their entire settlements, Deku Scrubs assure everyone has food right at their doorsteps.
- Mustering Base: A hospital dedicated to healing troops for battle again, and by healing they mean screaming at them to deal with it and throwing them back into the fight. Greatly reduces the cost and time to retrain soldiers.
- Bigger Middle Class District: Designating more land for the Middle Class to live on greatly increases their population and deployment rate.
- Upper Class District: Lavish housing set up for the Upper Class members of Deku society, such as Royal Scrubs and Zirros.
- Tree Nursery: Creating arrays of trees on this dedicated land makes it the perfect location for the large Orhats to grow and live on.
- Bank: A dedicated bank can help stimulate the economy of the various Tribes, lending out loans and encouraging rapid business growth.
- Bigger Upper Class District: Designating more land for the Upper Class to live on greatly increases their population and deployment rate. Allows all Scrubs to train at their first Upgrade Level.
- Combined Community: By joining all the Districts into a cohesive community, all Deku Scrubs can work in unison to keep society together and their anger at outside forces. Allows Deku Scrubs to train at their second Upgrade Level.
- The Deku Tribe Faction contains numerous easter eggs and references to films and video games amid its agent names, such as "Foos Ro Da," (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim), or "Oh Hai Mar"( Tommy Wiseau's cult film "The Room.")